Saturday, May 29, 2010

Psycho Beach Party?


Dear Life,

Do you have any available positions in the Beach Bum department? If so, I'd like to apply. Please consider my resume. I believe I could excel in this arena. I promise to go to Bikram yoga every day so that my body will shine like shimmering, gold beacon atop burning sand. My taste in swim wear will amaze you. I can even learn to surf! I look forward to hearing from you regarding this position.

Regards,
Hilary


Photograph by Nina Leen

Screw SATC2! I'd rather do  this with my girlfriends. I'm dying to, in fact. I even have those sandals! Now, if only the weather would cooperate... Still, it can't stop me from dreaming; dreaming a little dream of swimwear more specifically. This summer I am all about the high-waisted bikinis and lucky for me, so are the designers!


I usually feel that Michael Kors designs for old, rich women and that his clothes look incredibly weird on 18 year old runway models... but-- this suit is classic, young and chic! I love it. I can see that it would not look good on everyone, black and white patterns are hard to wear. Surprisingly, it looks great on this ultra pale model. I bet it would equally good on someone with a dark skin tone. I am guessing it would not look so good on those of us who have red/pink skin tones... so you definitely don't want to wear this with a sunburn, else you risk looking like the punchline to a joke. (What's black and white and red all over? YOU!)


 I have been wondering what body types can pull off the high waisted bikini. It's so impossible to tell when I've only seen them on models... I am dying to try one on and find out. I wonder if you have to have a super long torso to look good in them? Anyone have any info about this? At any rate, until I find out that they look bad on me, I am still going to dream. I love this photo from MissFancyPantsPinup! She has some really great vintage inspired swimwear.



Red, white and leopard print?! I love Diane von Furstenberg's America! I must have this for the 4th. I don't know where I will be or what I will be doing but what I do know is that I will be in this bikini. Preferably, I will be eating BBQ, playing baseball and running through sprinklers but who knows what the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, zombling...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...