Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Midnight In Paris

I saw Midnight In Paris over the weekend and I loved it! I'm a fan of Woody Allen movies but not so much lately. I hate to say it because I'm sure this annoys the crap out of Woody but I like his older movies best. This one though, was definitely in line with his classics. I don't want to over-hype it or anything but thought it was interesting, funny, charming and magical. I love Woody's ability to blend fantasy with the everyday. He takes the surreal, impossible events and makes them believable. The movie was a lot like Alice in that way. Which is one of my favorite Woody Allen movies!

Via
Another thing this film has in common with Alice is that the main character was essentially written as Woody Allen but played by another. Mia Farrow did such an excellent female Woody in Alice and Owen Wilson was so adorable in this role for Midnight In Paris. I was surprised at how well he was able to channel Woody Allen without imitation. It was like watching a sweetened version of Woody. Just look at him, aw.


I definitely recommend this one, especially if you are already a fan of Woody Allen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, zombling...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...