Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Texts From Avonlea

While researching for my latest A of GG posts, I stumbled across this tumblr: Texts From Avonlea. It essentially juxtaposes modern day text messaging with characters from Anne of Green Gables. I think the author puts it best when she says, "The more of these I do, the more I realize that these characters could totally be transplanted to a modern college dorm setting and not really have to change all that much." Some of these really made me laugh:

The more of these I do, the more I realize that these characters could totally be transplanted to a modern college dorm setting and not really have to change all that much. <3

WHAT UP, WHITE SAAAAAAAAAAAANDS?

Ah, Drinky Diana—how I’ve missed you.

Best of all she accepts submissions! So of course then, I got inspired to do some of my own! Check them out. 



I just realized that I sort of misunderstood how this works. I didn't know the texts were from TextsFromLastNight! Silly me. I invented my own texts and put them to the photos... but to be fair these are totally texts I would send to my BFF and in fact I did send the Titanic one. Here's a couple I did correctly though- it's never to late. Ha!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, zombling...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...