Monday, March 22, 2010

Life is Shorts

Last "casual" friday I got sent home from work for wearing shorts. And that is total pants, isn't it? So I am going to retaliate by making this post all about shorts. And that is the long and short of it. Okay, I'll try to stop  making puns but there are so many good ones related to this topic it's almost harder to avoid making them.


Dancey Shorts by Sublet Clothing

Maybe these would have been more work appropriate than peach, corduroy men's shorts from the 70's? I don't know. I really don't understand what the professional objection is to shorts. Shouldn't California amend it's casual friday law? I want to see some office leg and I don't  think I am alone. Let's take a look at some more awesome shorts. Join me after the jump.




Photo: Marcio Madeira


Alexander Wang - Spring 2010

I love these weird shorts from Alexander Wang. They look like they were made from placemats. It's true that I am really over the whole exposed zipper trend but in this case I will make an exception.


       Burnished Short-Shorts at Anthropologie

These are the kind of shorts that look great on this model but probably look terrible on a real person. It might be worth trying on though.





Love these vintage swim shorts from the 40's. I've been looking around and this style  of shorts seems to be coming back lately. Those shoes are also to die for I might add.



I think the silhouette of these Leifsdottir shorts are a pretty close match.



Built By Wendy also has a similar style in her Spring line.  I love 'em in black, too. In fact, I would be rocking these right now if I weren't about 100 dollars short.



Dear Creatures is really killing me with their 60's stylin' this Spring. I am still waiting for almost all of these pieces to appear in stores. I would also like to note that the higher the waist of your shorts, the shorter the length of your shorts can be! It's some kind of trick of the eye, because you see so much shorts that you don't realize how little of it is covering the actual legs. Genius!


Organic by John Patrick

Leather shorts? If you live in Texas this sounds like a pretty bad idea. But maybe you would like to live by that old saying, "fashion is pain". If so, you're going to look pretty damn good this summer in your pair of black leather shorts and it's possible that your sweatiness will make you even hotter... or I guess cooler?

Photo curtosey of Dan Merkel

What? Have I died and gone to heaven?

I just can't get enough man leg. Gentlemen, please don't sell us all short! I mean, am I really the only one who is tired of the whole baggy board shorts trend? How long has it been, 20 years?  Those wet, clingy trunks cannot be very comfortable either. And as I say, life is shorts... and much to short for man to go through life without bearing his thighs.


Thank god for Ebay!

So can you please start wearing these majorly hot old skool surfer shorts again, pleaaasee? And the great thing about these is that they are basically unisex. I mean this is pretty much what I was wearing on friday when I violated the office dress-code. I need like 4 more pairs of these.



Check out my Uncle Norm. He used to be a model and boy did he know what was up. Sadly, his lady friend wasn't so lucky...


And don't forget Etsy!

I mean, what's a girl to do without a pair of hot shorts this summer?


(Dan Merkel)

Rabbit Bartholomew pretty much says it all right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, zombling...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...